Apple’s site for the new Retina iMac is quite slick. A good use of transitions and effects highlighting the product’s number one feature.
Charted is a tool for automatically visualizing data, created by the Product Science team at Medium. Provide the link to a data file and Charted returns a beautiful, interactive, and shareable chart of the data. Charted is deliberately sparse in formatting and data transformation options, and instead gives you a few powerful core features:
- Rendering well on all screen sizes, including monitors
- Re-fetching the data and updating the chart every 30 minutes
- Moving data series into separate charts
- Adjusting the chart type, labels/titles, and background
This is just awesome. There’s a hosted version available at charted.co in case you don’t want to run the software yourself.
- suspiration, noun
- The act of breathing, not necessarily for a sustained period (compare respiration, which is sustained)
Once my fever subsides, I’m definitely trying this. Looks absolutely delicious and simple enough to prepare.
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public’s benefit. Let’s Encrypt is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
The service is due to launch in summer 2015, but unless all browser vendors choose to include it as a trusted CA, it will be dead in the water. So far, I haven’t been able to find out if such an agreement has been made. Maybe they are using IdenTrust as a cross-signing partner.
- vape, verb
- Inhale and exhale the vapour produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device
- vape, noun
- An electronic cigarette or similar device; an act of inhaling and exhaling the vapour produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device
Last year’s word was selfie.