Direct link is a WordPress plugin that allows your post title permalinks to link directly to external sites. It can also be used to link to a particular page of your own site.
- Download the latest version of the plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory
- Upload the
direct-link/directory and its contents to the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the Plugin menu in WordPress
- When writing a post, add a custom field with the key
direct_link. The value should be the full URL (including http://) of the page, e.g.
you want to link to
In modern versions of WordPress, it’s possible to download, install and activate plugins from within the admin area. Just search for “Direct link”.
- Q: The plugin doesn’t work!
- A: Direct link makes use of the
post_linkfilter in WordPress. If your theme doesn’t use the
get_permalink()function to retrieve post permalinks, the plugin will not work.