- I have a weird feeling that because publishers must approve games, backward compatibility with Xbox 360 won’t live up to its full potential.
- Rare Replay, a compilation of 30 classic Rare games, looks sweet. If done right, it will offer some incredible value.
- First thought on Rare’s new game: it looks beautiful. Second thought: oh, it’s an MMO.
- I like Halo but I don’t love Halo. It looked pretty, I guess.
- The new controller that was announced at the beginning of the stream looks really nice. Sell it for under 90€ and I’ll buy it.
- Don’t end a show with a remaster. It sort of deflates the entire thing.
Microsoft’s E3 media briefing—the first of the press conferences—just ended. Giant Bomb has a recap of the salient points.
The times for the major conferences are as follows (Pacific Standard Time):
- Microsoft, June 4, 9:30 AM
- Sony, June 4, 6:00 PM
- Nintendo, June 5, 9:00 AM
Please excuse me whilst I cryopreserve myself until then.
The sequel to the critically acclaimed Trials HD, releasing later this year.
“We listened carefully to all the feedback we received from the previous game and added in a gamer’s wish list of must-play features, such as multiplayer, outdoor environments, improved track sharing, and many more which we are not quite revealing yet.”
The event starts today, and ends on Thursday. IGN has an E3 channel on YouTube that will broadcast live streams of the press conferences.